Upsy Daisy

I've got one more entry for the "Designer Paper" JustRite Friday Challenge. I'm also going to enter this one in Simon Says Stamp's Flower Challenge.

Enamored with the mask-stamp-and-sponge technique I used on "Summer Is Coming!" I decided to give it another go, this time making a daisy chain border. I stamped the daisies from JustRite's My Garden Set with black Memento ink on white paper, and then sponged Bahama Blue Memento ink into the background and shadows. I colored the daisies with my Copic markers, and cut the border and shapes with dies from Spellbinder's Parisian Accents, Floral Doily Accents and Fleur de Lis Accents.

I'm still enjoying stamping my own sentiments with JustRite's sytstem. I started to put "Give me your answer true" (as in "Daisy! Daisy!" and the "bicycle built for two" and all that), but I just didn't see anyone using a greeting card to pop the question. So I turned to the dictionary, and found this:
upsy-daisy |ˈəpsē ˌdāzē| (also ups-a-daisy, upsa-daisy |ˈəpsə ˈdāzē|) exclamation: used to express encouragement to a child who has fallen or is being lifted.
This did not seem to be inappropriate for a card, particularly one covered with daisies, so here you have it.
Upsy-Daisy Card
The daisies were so much fun to color in bright yellows and cool grays.
Upsy-Daisy detail
Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. OH! I love how you colored these daisies...they're PERFECT! Very fitting sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done - such a happy card with these wonderful colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your daisies are so beautiful! Love the paper you've used too! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment