Cat

I signed up for an online workshop called Creative Jumpstart in which 25 artists post technique videos inspired by various artwork. Check out the link to see the class; I recommend it (and though the name had me concerned, it is not a self-help through art thing).
I don't think I'll manage to do a project each day, but at 11pm last night I decided what the heck and dove into the first one. In this project by Rae Missigman, we layered color and white paint to make a background, and dropped acrylic ink into white paint to get texture and color. I enjoyed using the acrylic ink this way.  I'm mentally shopping for more colors as we speak!

I used one of my foam stamps in the background, stamping with white over a colored background.

I'm not sure how the cat feels about having a fishy background. He looks a bit nonplus.
Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. I love this - the background is divine and the pattern so matisse - love the cat too. Awesome! Thank you for playing along with CJS16, nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - so interesting Florence. Just lovely. Happy New Year. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Stunning cat against a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! I love it and am glad you "jumped" right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the background specially. And the foam stamps you use. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done. Cats are a favorite of mine. I was looking at Matisse painting Woman with Black Cat but thought too much for me just now. I love your background a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you interpreted Rae's lesson. Your cat and background are wonderful. I like the soothing color palette.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment