Lorette

It's day 2 in Creative Jumpstart, the the online workshop I'm taking. Here's my project.
The lesson by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer was to work with watercolor sticks, trying them dry on dry, dry on wet and wet on dry.  In this assignment we chose a painting and copied it using the water color sticks.  I chose the painting by Henri Matisse called Lorette with a Turban and a Yellow Jacket (d'ya think?).
Lorette with Turban, Yellow Jacket
From: The National Gallery of Art

One of the things I really love about Matisse's work is his use of pattern in the fabric and wall paper. The painting of Lorette did not have any such patterns however, so I decided to add my own. I made the background wall paper using one of my foam stamps and Distress ink. I like how the stamped image brought out the texture of the cold-press paper.

Thanks, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, that was fun.

Comments

Post a Comment